Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I Totally Scored At The ComicCon

I managed to track down a troika of X-Mas bootleg goodness over the weekend.

The Star Wars Holiday Special

The best of the worst. A special so bad it almost destroyed the second greatest film franchise in history (sorry guys but I'll take Gollum and Hobbits over Jar Jar and Ewoks).

Highlights: Boba Fett cartoon. Drunk Carrie Fisher singing a song set to the Star Wars theme.

Lowlights: Chewbacca's son Lumpy. Diahann Carroll's holo-performance. Bea Arthur.


The Lobo Paramilitary Christmas Special

DC's alien psychopath takes a contract from the Easter Bunny to kill Santa.

Highlights: Andrew Bryniarski IS Lobo. Perfect adaptation of the source comic book.

Lowlights: Andrew Bryniarski is Lobo. He's the best actor in this.


He-Man and She-Ra: A Christmas Special

Prince Adam and Princess Adora have a big birthday party coming up. And so does Jesus.

Highlights: Every character from both series makes an appearance. Every awesome word of Skeletor's dialogue.

Lowlights: Hordak beats Skeletor in a fight?! Bullshit!


2 Comments:

At Tue Feb 08, 01:00:00 PM PST, Blogger Curt said...

That's cool and all, but what I really want to know is did you get to rub elbos with Gabe and/or Tycho?

 
At Tue Feb 08, 01:37:00 PM PST, Blogger Shawn said...

I stopped by the booth (zipping up my hoddie to conceal my Baby vs. Rhino shirt to avoid fanboy mockery), but they both were out and about the floor. I did talk to one guy who said that the Splinter Cell stuff they've been doing has been going over big at Ubi and that they've got something big planned for Chaos Theory.

My big geek out was talking to Tim Sale and him doing a Hulk sketch for me. I got some other good ones from the Mini Marvels guy and the dude that does Queen & Country. But I think my favorite was an indy illustrator who works in the Craig McCracken style. He did a Mr. Fixit for me that is beyond words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home