Monday, February 28, 2005

And The Winners Were...

Best Picture: Million Dollar Baby
Directing: Clint Eastwood
Best Actress: Hillary Swank
Best Actor: Jamie Foxx
Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett
Best Supporting Actor: Morgan Freeman
Writing (Original Screenplay): Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Writing (Adapted Screenplay): Sideways

That would give me a 5 out of 8. Meh. I could point out that in 2 of my 3 misses my "Should Win" actually won. But then again I completely wiffed on the night's biggest prize, Best Picture. So I'd say that's a push.

I really liked Jamie Foxx's speech. But I doubt I'll see him up there for his role in the Miami Vice remake. No way "Tubbs" gets an Oscar. Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman were on the completely different spectrum of drugs. Speaking of Dustin Hoffman, what happened on the set of Lemony Snicket? The dude had an uncredited part and he gives the make-up girl a standing O. I guess he was on the "up" part of the drugs he took that crashed him back down in time to give out the final award. Oh, does anyone else agree that Antonio Banderas is about 20 pounds shy of being Mandy Patinkin? Just some puffy guy I'm tired of hearing sing. And no offense, but you guys are the Oscars, can we get anyone else but Beyonce to sing. Hell, just have her do the Counting Crows & Antonio's song too. That would have reduced the shows puffy guy quotient to 1 - Sean Combs - who somehow found his way on stage. I thought he was going to beat down Chris for the Source Award crack. And he would have been free to do it since Rock's accountants were off beating a sense of humor into Sean Penn. Penn dude, you may have the talent, but Chris has the personality (and Michael the looks, I guess...). Oh and good news, Hillary Swank thanked her husband Chad, so now he can hold his head high when he's out buying the groceries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home