Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Comic Book Pick Of The Week


District X #6

Written by: David Hine
Art by: David Yardin
Format: Monthly
Price: $2.99
Synopsis: "MR. M" PART 6 (OF 6) The explosive conclusion to Bishop's very first case in District X! Bishop and Ismael have their final showdown with the mysterious Mr. M!

-----
This title has been a good read. Good not great. But you can see something there, just wanting to break through. This issue wraps up the first storyline, and I hope proves to be a great springboard to a stronger second arc. The three main characters have been established - Bishop, Ismael and the area known as District X. I like the Bishop that's written here and Ismael should prove to be a solid opposite. The book has a definite Alien Nation vibe, and District X itself should provide plenty of story potential. Peter David has already incorporated it in his Maddrox book and I hope more writers include this neighborhood in their New Yorks. In many ways I feel the same way with this book at the end of its opening arc as I did when I reached the final chapter of the first Power's TPB. If this series turns out half as good as Powers is, it'll be doing just fine by me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home